Friday, January 8, 2010

Survived Christmas

I did it. I survived Christmas. Every year I say that I am not going to get "into" it, but every year like this sinus infection I am currently dealing with, I get "into" it. Allbeit late, sorry haven't gotten cards out yet and my Christmas tree is now a fire hazard in my living room.

It was a good Christmas, busy as usual. For some reason I was unable to get my act together and that is the first time in many years that I have found myself scrambling at Christmas. I swear time is going faster than usual and I am feeling the effects of it.

New Year was uneventful, I don't even know if Gary was home. I can't even remember what I did or why all of sudden my computer is writing in italic? oh well. The kids had fun and that is all that counts. We are back onto homeschool and trying to just find the swing of things again.

I am grateful for each day I have with my family, every moment that passes is a moment owned, the rest just feels borrowed as time is moving faster and faster. It was just yesterday Mason was watching Jeff Corwin and Abby was wearing cloth diapers. We were waiting for Judah to come home, the anticipation this time four years ago was unbearable. Now in just a few days he will have been with us for four years! Sometimes it feels like I missed those years, they just disappeared under a mountain of diapers and screaming kids, demanding my attention. I know there had to be moments of quiet in the last four years but I can't seem to recall. I guess that is why I keep this blog to remember all the times the good and the bad. Life changed drastically when we adopted and I am glad for it.

Well I shall post a few pictures of Christmas and move on because as I speak one child has fallen asleep on the couch and three others are off being way to quiet and you all know what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment