Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I have come out of hiding!!

Hello, if anyone is still reading!

Well we got a referral of a beautiful little girl who is four on April second. I have been hesitant of posting anything as I have had my gaurd up for some time now. But I can say now that it is starting to feel real!! Our paper work was filed with court today! Shimiliess thinks I may travel end of May or mid June. I am not ready at all! I have her room to get done, amharic to learn, weight to loose, shots to get, the trip to plan. I suddenly overwhelmed myself. Anyway it is real, we were matched and filed for court. I couldn't be happier. I am actually on my way to put together a package and a letter to send with a friend who will tell our daughter we are coming to get her. Acutally there has been a change in plans. It was going to be all of us but since we are going during rainy season it will just be me stomping the mud in the streets of Addis. I didn't see why our kids should come along to just have to stay indoors when they could be swimming and having a blast here waiting for us to come home. I am hesitant about leaving my kids for so long. The longest I left them was last year for four days and it was the longest four days of my life and I was just in Ohio. They are older now and I know Gary will do a great if not better job than me taking care of them. I have to learn to let go a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've come out. I have been worried about your lack of blogging and have been praying for you. (It's all about me, I know) I am thrilled that your little one will be coming home so soon. We wait and wait and wait and then wow it's ready to go. We will continue to pray for you, your family and your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend! It's been way too long! First, congrats on your new daughter. I'm so happy for you. You've been on my mind a lot. I can't wait to see her picture and hear your home coming story. I'd love to see you and the kids. I pray all is well there.

    Love,
    MIssy

    ReplyDelete